Multipurpose flooring

I'm working on a church where the multipurpose room doubles as both an athletic space and as banquet room and seating for overflow capacity.

The floor is a cast in place structural slab.

The gymnasium people recommend a sport floor with some sort of cushion on it so that as people run and jump there is some comfort to the ankles and knees.  The supplier of this product  will not provide warranty though for high heel damage and/or chairs and tables that would punch through.

A vinyl floor wood take care of the high heels and chair legs, but doesn't work well for the athletes.

Any solutions or recommendations out there.  I trust this is not a new problem.