Re: QUERY: How Would You Model This?

Well, yes, but what I was forgetting is that you can do a CONCENTRATED AXIAL
MEMBER LOAD, too, which "zeroes out" the external force resultant, but induces
the internal forces you need. That was what I was having trouble getting.

Charles Espenlaub nailed it for me, and I expanded from there (since of course I
have one of my typical "non-regular" frames).

I just go along each beam element, calculating what the induced internal force
would be at the nodes, and putting a concentrated axial member load on each
side, with a distributed axial member load in between to handle the gradient.

Works GREAT!. Thanks for the tip, Charles!