HEAVY MACHINERY FOUNDATION

Hello Everybody!

I will be designing foundation for a large machinery involving vibration/impact inside a proposed pre-engineered metal building. I understand, a similar machine at another location caused considerable cracking in adjacent existing concrete/masonry structures. Need help - any good references, rules of thumb, tips, etc. on foundation design for this application. Appreciate your help in advance.