From: Dave Adams [mailto:davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 2:40 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: EOR (Hyatt)

I've got a brief blurb on this failure in a book entitled "Design &
Construction Failures" by Dov Kaminetzky, who explains that neither the
originally-designed connection detail of the hanger rods to the channels nor
the as-built detail could safely support imposed loads. Both details placed
these hanger rods at the edge of channel flanges without any stiffeners or
reinforcing plates.

I'd be interested in reading more about this failure. Does anyone have a
reference to recommend?

Regards,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
PH: (559) 688-5263
E-mail: davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com