(Fwd) Footing tool

As the IESUG is down, I have forwarded this message to see what

Peter
From:           	Peter McCormack <pmac(--nospam--at)realloghomes.com>
To:             	iesug(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
Subject:        	Footing tool
Date sent:      	Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:57:18 -0500

Help...what am I doing wrong? I was using the tool to check a 30 x
30 x12 footing. Each time, the program told me that the
dimensions were to small due to development length required for #4
bars.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, because for 4000psi
concrete, 60000psi uncoated steel, the development length should
come out at around 19 in.  The bars in my footing are longer than
this.

This is the first time I used the tool, but the input is pretty straight
forward.

Peter McCormack