Re: (Fwd) Footing tool

Peter-

I don't know what "tool" you are using, but I doubt that it is warning you
about the horizontal bars in the footing.  In EnerCalc, I get a similar
message if the vertical bars in a column (with a moment or uplift load) are
not embedded far enough into the footing to be developed in tension.  Try
thickening the slab and see if the message doesn't go away.  If so, I'd be
pretty sure that is what it is warning you about.  Then decide on your own,
if the vertical bars need to be developed and how best to do that (i.e.
standard 90 degree bend, thickening slab around column etc).

Hope that helps,

Monty Hart
Associated Design Consultants, Inc
Anchorage Alaska