EQ forces- Retaining Wall

Is retaining wall a non building structure(NBS) ?.  Is it mentioned any
where in UBC-97 ?

I am designing a filter plant structure.  For soil seismic force I am using
a formula with  R value of 2.7.  So It appears that I can assume  the
retaining wall as NBS

I would like to know if there is a standard practice to assume the retaining
wall as a NBS.  Or should I determine the EQ forces per UBC-97 section
1632.2 for element  Also please let me know a reference which has design of
retaining wall for EQ forces.

Thanks in advance.    Sid LaKhani