From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 2:40 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: QUERY: What Are The Practical Benefits of Joining An "S.E.A.xx."?

Lonesome Bill:

The practical benefits of sex?  Oh, I misread the title!

We've been through all of this before!  Listservs (this one and your others) are virtual.  How much engineering work have you sold so far in cyberspace?  SEAoT meetings, on the other hand, are real.  You will find that the other structural engineers in Houston are more than worthy of your acquaintance, and your friendship.  If they don't know you, how can they refer work to you?  If you don't know them, how can you compete effectively?

And the final question is, where will you find the three references required for membership? <grin>

Best regards old buddy,

The Old Fuddy-Duddy in Dallas

P.S.>  I will be more polite once they finally get my home DSL line working correctly at the CO.  Until then, I remain jealous of you, Dennis, etc.