RE: QUERY: What Are The Practical Benefits of Joining An "S.E.A.xx."?

Dennis,

My only comment would be careful with the indiscriminate use of SEA.
Even though your experience is only with SEAOC (and its siblings such
as SEAOSC), you seem to lump all SEAs together.  I would stipulate that
not all SEAs operate the same as SEAOC (or SEAOSC).  I have no experience
dealing with SEAOC or SEAOSC, so I can't really comment on them.  I don't
even have experience with SEAoT.  I can only really speak to my experience
with SEAMi.  However, based upon my experience with SEAMi, I can tell you
that not all SEAs would fit the description that you give.

I think the advice that you gave about fully evaluating an organization
and seeing if it fits your individual goals and needs is right on point.
I just thought that it would be unfair cast SEAoT in the same light that
you view SEAOC/SEAOSC.  It could be that SEAoT might be the perfect
society for you (other than being way too far away from you phyically
<grin>).

Scott