RE: QUERY: What Are The Practical Benefits of Joining An "S.E.A.xx."?

Dennis,

I will just add one more thought...actually more of a correction.  The
various state SEAs are NOT chapters of NCSEA.  While I am not sure how
SEAOSC, SEAONC, etc relate to SEAOC (I believe that they are the regional
or local chapters of SEAOC), I do know that the state SEAs are completely
independent organizations.  For example, SEAMi has no direct relation to
SEAOC other that by mutual cooperation, etc.  SEAMi is not a chapter of
NCSEA.  NCSEA is an organization of organizations.  I don't believe that
an individual can become a member of NCSEA.  The members of NCSEA are
actually the individual state SEA organizations.  NCSEA essentially
derives its "power" from the state SEAs.

So the end result is that the various SEAs like SEAMi, SEAW, SEAoT,
etc all have their own "rules of engagement" (i.e. constitution,
by-laws, power structure, politics, etc) and operate independently.
Those organizations just made the choice to come together in a joint
effort to provide a more unified and coordinated national presence,
which we call NCSEA.

Just thought that I would add that clarification.

Scott