New USGS San Francisco Bay Region Maps

New USGS San Francisco Bay region maps are now posted at: http://geopubs.wr.usgs.gov/open-file/of00-444/

This page states the following:

This report presents a preliminary map and database of Quaternary deposits and
liquefaction susceptibility for the nine-county San Francisco Bay region,
together with a digital compendium of ground effects associated with past
earthquakes in the region.

The report consists of
(1) a spatial database of five data layers (Quaternary deposits, quadrangle
index, and three ground effects layers) and two text layers ( a labels and
leaders layer for Quaternary deposits and for ground effects),
(2) two small-scale colored maps (Quaternary deposits and liquefaction
susceptibility),
(3) a text describing the Quaternary map, liquefaction interpretation, and the
ground effects compendium, and
(4) the database description pamphlet.

All files are available for download here.

Enjoy!

Gil Davis
begin:vcard
n:Davis;Gil
tel;fax:415-543-8311
tel;home:650-364-7769
tel;work:415-543-1200, Ext. 305 Wednesdays (CIR)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.cironline.org
org:Center for Investigative Reporting, Inc.
adr:;;500 Howard St., Suite 206;San Francisco;CA;94105-3000;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:gildavis(--nospam--at)pacbell.net
title:Associate and Webmaster
note;quoted-printable:I work at CIR on Wednesdays and at home the other days. My story about tilt-up construction is at:=0D=0Ahttp://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/10.14.99/tiltup-9941.html.  I'm also a member of the Structural Engineers Association of Northern California.
x-mozilla-cpt:;3
fn:Gil Davis
end:vcard