From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 4:23 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: STATUS: AEC-RESIDENTIAL, SE-PRACTICE, SE-MARKETING, IESUG,
STRUCTX MAILING LISTS

Greetings:

I apologize for the extended period during which these mailing lists have
been
down. As I mentioned before, the trouble started when the DNS service I was
using went belly-up, and it has taken a longer time than I would have
expected
to get my zone information transferred to another service.

In the meantime, while I was down, I decided to upgrade my trust-but-crusty
old
486 computer that I was using for the listserver. I bought a new (but
low-end)
motherboard and processor and installed them in the old box. I went from a
486
66MHz to an AMD K6-2 500 MHz processor, and from 20 MB of memory to 128 MB.
figured that might put a little more "zing" in the old box!

But of course, such adventures aren't without their unforeseen consequences,
and
this is no exception. Because of a mistake that I made, too long to
elaborate
here, I lost all the mailing list data from the ten or twelve lists that I
have
been hosting! Needless to say, that's going to set me back a bit.

What I'm going to do is get the list server software working again, and then
go
through the list archives (which thankfully I still have stored on a ZIP
disk),
and resubscribe everyone. I will announce when the lists are back up and
ready.

I apologize for these unforeseen problems, but I suppose it is the price of
progress. Shortly after I get back up, I will be relocating everything to my
new
home (and new home office) but will try to make that delay as short as
possible.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.