From: Williston L. Warren, IV - S.E. [mailto:Bill_Warren(--nospam--at)sesol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 10:39 AM
To: Listserver SEAINT
Subject: Merrick's Spreadsheet Download

I have worked with this spreadsheet and made a couple simple revisions to fit my taste.  Since I received most of my projects on ACAD14 or higher, I have a simple VBA routine that lives in ACAD that prompts for different coordinate data and the user just uses ACAD to point to it and the VBA routine writes it to an ASCII file in the same format the spreadsheet wants it.

If you want to get fancier, you could have the ACAD VBA routine prompt for the name of the EXCEL file and write the data directly into the spreadsheet.  Not vary hard it took about an hour of looking through the EXCEL VBA and ACAD VBA help material.  And with the SNAP on the coordinate input goes very fast.

Williston "Bill" L. Warren, IV - S.E.
Structural Engineering SOLutions
Newport Beach, California

13                               Message:0013                           13