EOR(Kansas City Hyatt Walkway Failure)

The judge was right.

This is one more nail in the coffin of "fabricator design". In truth, there
is no such thing.

Either you have an EOR, or you don't. The judge clearly knows something
that some of us haven't grasped yet.

Tell your owner you'll give him a complete E and piece set for his next
building. None of this "design intent" stuff. I have yet to find an owner
who has tried this once who doesn't sing its praises afterward.

However, this isn't for the unskilled or faint of heart. If something goes
wrong, the finger can only point one way (and very quickly too). There can
be no deflecting it.

With all due respect to Mr. Gillum, he tried mightily to avoid his EOR
responsibility behind such obfuscations. It didn't work. We should learn
from it and abandon the practice altogether.

Peter Higgins, SE