RE: Funding for NPR/PBS/NEA (Off Topic - Sorry)

From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 8:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Funding for NPR/PBS/NEA (Off Topic - Sorry)

I first saw this in 1994. It is quite old. But internet email "activism" is
cheap and easy way to feel good.

On the other hand, in this day and age of spam, sending your e-mail address
to an unknown recipient is probably a very BAD idea.  If I'm going to sign
on-line petitions, I'd rather do it at a website that clearly identifies the
sponsor.  Also, having seen the damage chain letters did to computer
networks in their earlier days, I prefer not to participate in forwarding
these things around.
Gary Ehrlich
Meyer Consulting Engineers Corp.
Rockville, MD