RE: Mathcad question

Pat,
As far as I know you can only report the variables as the numeric
equivalents are calculated. In other words, you can not show the values of
20*2.
You can create a text string that will report:

Q = S*L=40 <units>.
To do this you need to define the variables S and L.
Next create a Text line that reads
"Q=
(where the " creates text instead of a formula)
Next create the formula
S*L= and let it calculate 40 (or whatever)
Cut and paste the entire formula S*L=40 to the end of the Text string Q=
(leaving as many spaces you would like between the = and the S).

Each time you change the value for S or L, the new resultant will show in
the string.

I believe this is called Inline formulas and you should be able to locate it
in the Mathcad help files.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for: