Re: Post Tension (SAP Question)

Nicholas:

You are right, the cables are in the same plane of the walls. The wall's height as I mentioned is 55' from the fdn top level, which indicates that lateral forces are not big (Seismic Zone 2A). However I have yet to reconsider other perpendicular shear walls which are nonprestressed, especially those walls (in the perpendicular direction) are many when you go down towards basement and ground flloor where lateral forces are bigger than on upper floors. Thank you for your point, though it is off my question.

Wael