Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 11:38 AM
Subject: stone floor deflection criteria

I am doing a residential project that involves stone floors supported by wood joists.  The stone/setting bed thickness is about 3".  Can anyone direct me to a publication that would give a recommended deflection criteria for such a system.  I am leaning towards something like I would use for a masonry wall - say l/600 or l/700, but I would certainly like some back-up for my calculations.

Thanks,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
ph: 610-262-6345
fax: 610-262-8188
e-mail: kpeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net

Do You Yahoo!?
- Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - only $35 a year!