RE: Slab Foundation Possible?

Here's a simple procedure that may be of help.

Assume a slab maybe a foot beyond the anchor bolts as a trial. Calculate the
area of the footing (B x L)and the section modulus about the two
centerlines, BL^2/6 and LB^2/6. Ask the manufacturer to furnish you with the
gross weight and center of gravity location, and with the moments about each
axis which were assumed for the anchor bolt reactions. Pick a trial footing
thickness, say 12 inches. Compute the total gravity load "P"(including the
footing), and the total moments in each direction, including any effects due
to eccentricity of the equipment weight. You can then calculate the soil
pressures at each corner of the footing as q=P/BL +/- Mx/Sx +/- My/Sy. If
the pressure at any corner is more than the allowable, increase the
dimensions. If the pressure at any corner is negative or less than the unit
weight of the footing, you have liftoff or tension in the top of the footing
which will require either increasing the dimensions or the slab thickness or
both.

Once you have a satisfactory pressure distribution, all positive and all
greater than the footing weight at the corners, take the largest value and
pretend it is uniform over the slab and design the slab as if it were a
one-way slab in the short direction spanning between the two bolt lines
along the long edge of the skid, or between the webs of the skid frame,
whichever is greater.

You will need top steel for the interior moments and bottom steel for the
slab zone outside the skid. You may need to thicken the slab or be able to
reduce it depending on the forces involved. This is a simplified procedure
but your equipment doesn't seem all that heavy. It's easy to set this up on
a spreadsheet and just fiddle with the dimensions until it works.

It gets more complicated if you need to restrict the dimensions and allow
part of the slab to lift-up. AASHTO has some charts that allow you to
calculate the soil pressure for those cases.