Re: Post Tension (SAP Question)

Nicholas Blackburn:
One thing I forgot to include in my email of yesterday. The Cantilever part of the wall will not contribute to the shear resistance but only that part of the wall which is supported by the fdn mat. I mean cantilevers will not act as shear walls but only the intermediate part which transfers both gravity and shear loads to the fdns. That part (The intermediate one) doesn't need any flexural strength in the plane of the wall (where the cables are) while other flexural straining actions could be resisted by reinforcement. Hope I answered your point.

Wael