RE: EOR(Kansas City Hyatt Walkway Failure)

Peter,

I would be careful about "picking" on younger engineers.  I have worked at
various places that tended to be a little more "cavilier" on the review of
shop drawings that I thought should be.  There are a lot of companies that
think that shop drawing review is a good place to "throw" young engineers.
I don't really agree with that philosophy since shop drawings are the last
"line of defense" on making sure the construction documents have been
interpretted correctly.

I realize this is less of an issue for you since you do your own shop
drawings (if I remeber correctly).  But it is an issue out this way.
While do shop drawings in house at an A/E or engineering firm might be
more prudent, there are a LOT of logistical hoops to jump through in some
areas of the country to achieve that end result.

Scott