Re: Yesterday's Comments

Dennis said that a common comment is, "What's the use, nothing will stand up
in the Big One!!!"

During the retrofit that I had designed of one of the California Missions,
one of the Franciscan brothers who lived at the Mission said something like,
"Why are you doing this?  If God wants to send the big one to knock this
church down, nothing you do is going to stop Him."

I replied, "That's true.  But what if He just wants to shake you up to get
your attention?"

The brother said, "That's a good answer."

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer