Today's comment

I've gotta share this one, especially in consideration of the current
thread about armchair engineers (the builder/architect/owner who knows
better than the guy with the stamp).

I requested a meeting with the customer and the erector to discuss the
erection plan for a particularly nasty bit of steel. The erector was
prepared with "all the answers" including, "I'll be on site so nothing
will fall down."

I feel better, now.

Actually, I think that my drawing notes just grew ten-fold and I'm
drafting the letter to the GC in the back of my mind ....

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International