RE: Cofar metal deck

Title: RE: Cofar metal deck

Thank you to all who replied.  I received a packet of information with all the properties I needed via fax from Mr. Brad Frederichs of VE Solutions.  I would like to thank him for his generosity.  For future archive reference information, cofar metal deck was made by Granco Steel Products and I believe they went out of business in the 1970's.

On a side note.  A couple of weeks ago, there was a lot of discussion about the AISC steel properties copyright with regards to posting it on a website.  I was wondering if the same copyright issues would apply if a website was set up with information about products manufactured from companies which have gone out of business.  This cofar metal deck is an example.  Bethlehem steel joists are another example.  Every structural engineer will probably run across some product that they don't have information on (if they do any kind of work on existing buildings) and a website with this kind of information would be helpful.  I spent an couple of hours looking around for information on cofar steel deck which could have been eliminated by something like this; and if other engineers pitched in information, a lot of information could be available.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Zachary Goswick, EIT
Angus-Young Associates, Inc.
555 South River Street
Janesville, WI  53545-4827