Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 11:48 AM
Subject: RE: Texican code

Mark:

In Dallas, we use the UBC.  Most of Texas is UBC, except for the Gulf Coast, which is SBC.  Richardson is a suburb just north of Dallas.  It became the first US city to adopt IBC-2000 last year.

I hope that you are already a licensed Texas PE, and that your firm has a Certification of Authority here.  Without both in hand, it is illegal under Texas law to even solicit work, much less do any.

Best regards,

Stan Caldwell in Dallas