Re: Yesterday's Comments

Christopher

I relate to your comments regarding Project Managers et al (again,
apart from the ones that subscribe to this list).

I remember the experience I had on a site visit to the first project I
was involved in when I came to the states(being one of those damb
alien types). The foreman came up to me stating,"Why are these
footings x by y?? generally we only have to use x1 by y1.(The
"done it this way since moses was a lad" line)

Trying not to go on the defensive I just stated, "It has to do with the
soils report for this site and, since you have just spent a week
pumping water out of the hole...." The overdesigned argument
disappeared.

This will always be a neverending story.

Peter McCormack