Re: Yesterday's Comments

>Trying not to go on the defensive I just stated, "It has to do with the
>soils report for this site and, since you have just spent a week
>pumping water out of the hole...." The overdesigned argument
>disappeared.
You did exactly the right thing. It's no good starting out being
smart-assed. Too many engineers think the P.E. should immunize them
against attacks by the laity and they get defensive. If there's a good
answer (wet soil was a good one) I use it. If there's no good answer,
part of my job is to come up with one.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw