Fasteners in Fire Resistant Treated Wood (FRTW)

I'm working on a project where the contractor has submitted a substitution request to use common nails in FRTW; our General Structural Notes require corrosion- resistant fasteners.  The chemical company literature indicates their product is non-corrosive to carbon steel, they back it up with a single research study performed at Mississippi State.  However, the National Evaluation Report indicates that corrosion-resistant fasteners are required (the chemical company maintains this is a boilerplate requirement placed in all FRTW reports but is not appropriate for their product).  The product is D-Blaze, the chemical company is CSI; I'm interested in any experience others have had with this product?  Many thanks in advance.

Jeff Creagan, S.E.
KPFF Consulting Engineers
1201 Third Avenue - Suite 900
Seattle, WA  98101