-----Mensaje original-----
De: Steve Meier <meier(--nospam--at)tankindustry.com>
Para: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
CC: Frank Griffin <fsg(--nospam--at)freese.com>
Fecha: Miércoles, 31 de Enero de 2001 11:12 a.m.
Asunto: Sloshing Effects per IBC 2000

As part of the work on NEHRP TS 13, we wrote the bridge for both AWWA and API 650 equations using the IBC equation, terms and format as part of the NEHRP 2000 drafts now being balloted. You may find the paper I gave last year at the AWWA CA/NV section on these conversions a help.  This conversion uses the IBC terms in the approriate AWWA and API equations for the impulsive and convective forces.  See the seismic published papers section of our web site "Changes to Seismic Design Standards"  .   www.tankindustry.com.  We will be likely making these changes in the AWWA D100 standard in the next revision. We are also working on similar changes in API 650 and are conducting a parametric assessment of the impact of these changes on tank designs for API.

Here's a direct link to the paper:

Stephen W. Meier, P.E., S.E.
Tank Industry Consultants
7740 West New York St
Indianapolis, IN 46214

317-271-3100  Voice
317-271-3300  Fax
800-539-7102  Pager
630-728-5986  Cellular

Stephen W. Meier, P.E., S.E.
Tank Industry Consultants
7740 West New York St
Indianapolis, IN 46214

317-271-3100  Voice
317-271-3300  Fax
800-539-7102  Pager
630-728-5986  Cellular

email:  meier(--nospam--at)tankindustry.com
web site:  www.tankindustry.com
For wireless web messages via internet, see www.messaging.sprintpcs.com/sms/index.html - enter 630-728-5986
For wireless web messages via email, send to:   6307285986(--nospam--at)messaging.sprintpcs.com