Re: STIFFENER HELP

As beam and column tend to close inwardly, the intersection is subjected to large forces. And the web there suffers a lot and may need to be strengthened by diagonal stiffeners. I am not familiar with type b, however I am more interested in your capability to analyse the situation yourself. The basic idea is panel shear and you can read for example Omer W. Blodget's book "Design of Welded Structures" to get a feel for that. Panel shear is a problem in many beam column connections designed to transfer moments. So there are many references on the subject.

I hope this helps and forgive me if you receive a virus I have never heard of.

  Juan José Treff De la Mora <jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
rg and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* site at: http://www.seaint.org

Do You Yahoo!?
- Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - only $35 a year!