Re: No special inspection of CMU walls

Well the materials don't know if they were inspected or not, so I'd think that
if you felt comfortable with the workmanship, you might allow the walls to
remain standing.  But I wouldn't make such a decision without several core
samples and testing to establish the actual allowable stresses of the wall.
If the quality is there, the samples should test ok and I'd think you might be
willing to assume responsibility.... but I think that's an important
element... what additional responsibility you are willing to assume to make up
for the contractor's oversight.

Steve Privett