Re: No special inspection of CMU walls

I would have everying cell tapped with a hammer to make sure that all of
the cells were filled that were suppose to be filled.  I have found
structures built by "good" contractors with the bar in place and an empty
cell.  If I remember correctly, the halving of the allowable design
stresses was the result of a industry wide problem with workmanship.

Neil Moore, S.E.