From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 10:27 PM
To: dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: RE: Improving Shear Capacity of Existing Plywood Sheathed
Shear Walls

How is the heavy concentration of existing and new nails handled at the top
and bottom plates?  Seems like there would be a pretty significant
possibility of splitting.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA

In a message dated 2/2/01 5:50:39 PM, dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net writes:

<< 3. I believe that there have been tests to increase the capacity of walls
by

adding a second layer of sheathing (assumed to be staggered from the lower

layer so that edge nailing occurs where the field nailing exists in the

lower panel.  >>