Re: No special inspection of CMU walls

I sounds to me as if we are discussing regular inspection which is
usually done by the building inspector (to ensure size, spacing and
placement of reinforcement) with Special Inspection which is usually done
by a Deputy Inspector and only required if full stresses have been used
in the design. The Deputy makes sure the mortar and grout is per design
full stress instead of half stress as is otherwise used.

Stan Scholl, P. E., FASCE