Re: Loose Bolts with DTI Washers

    <<  In my end of the biz, split washers are considered about half as
effective as a lick and a promise. Strictly cosmetic.  >>

Is this based upon empirical observations or researched data from some
source?  I have never seen them used on structural connections, but one does
see them quite frequently on vibrating machinery and other cyclic load
conditions.  It would appear to me that a device that prevented rotation
between nut and bolt would be a desirable "insurance" policy in some
applications.  Of course the field expedient to preventing rotation is
crippling the threads so it is probably a moot issue anyway.

Jimmy  C.......(hisself)