RE:waffles

Matt,

There is an excellent book "Reinforced Concrete Slabs" by Robert Park and William L Gamble.  This book covers the subject very well from theory to test lab to building code to practice to construction.  There are dos and don'ts.  This might do the trick for you.

Shashi Bhakta
Structural Engineering Division
City of L.A.

>>> MattJ(--nospam--at)crjarch.com 02/06/01 09:46AM >>>
greetings,

we are doing report on two story bldg. in zone 4 built 1962. The second
floor slab is "waffle slab" construction. Not having much experience with
those, are there any inherent problems with waffle slabs themselves I should
know of, and any publications I could look up for info on spans, capacities,
etc. ?
TIA

Matt Jordan SE