Re: COMMENTS REQUESTED: MIN. Requirements to "Certify" An Existing Building S...

liability.  How can you possibly "certify" a building (or three) about which
you have no knowledge of its design, construction, and past performance
use/misuse?  Even "ceritfying" a building which you yourself designed is a
dicey proposition.  I hasten to add that my comments are not legal opinions,
which I have no right to give, but only based on professional (structural
engineering profession that is) common sense opinion.

Ephraim G. Hirsch, SE