Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 9:10 AM
Subject: Suspended Speaker

I am reviewing a submittal consist of 300 lbs. speaker cluster that is to be suspended using an aircraft cable.  It will be attached to the midpoint of a bottom chord of a truss.  The Structural Engineer noted in his calcs. that seismic is not required for elements that are suspended and free to translate during a seismic event for more than the expected earth displacements.  I think that I have read this note somewhere before but I can not recall where.  I tried to asked my co-worker and tried to look at the Code but I can not find it.  Will somebody point me where I can find it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.