Apology to Ed Wilson

Dear Dr. Wilson:

Please accept my apologies.

I now understand that the negative messages regarding STAAD sent to
the SEAINT listerservice by one "hinkle j pinkle"
(edward_l_wilson(--nospam--at)juno.com) were sent by someone whose email address
bears your name either by coincidence or in an effort to besmirch your
character.

I fell into the trap of ascribing to you the traits that a few others
on the listservice have displayed, in this case based on questionable
evidence.  It was inappropriate for me to jump to that conclusion.  I
had no intention of damaging your reputation with my ill-considered
remarks.

Again I beg your pardon.

Regards,
Mike Valley