RE: Metal stairs & story drift

We typically provide a slip connection at one level with a fully tied
connection at the other to allow interstory drift without attracting shear.
The intermediate landing is also slip connected.

I meant to imply that if the stairs are rigidly connected at each level, I
would expect them to undergo deformation due to interstory drifts whether
they are concrete or steel.  The stair system should be adequately detailed
so that these deformations don't cause collapse.

Thanks

Nick