shape factors and ASD

In my particular case specified min Fu is 90ksi and min elongation is 10%.
I suppose that the primary determining factor is probably min elongation.
In order for ZFy to develop, the extreme fiber must deform in a plastic
manner without rupture until most of the rest of the section has reached
yield.

As far as local stability (compactness) of the section, that is something I
am still working on.  My situation is actually not so simple as a WF in
minor axis bending.

I am, however, settled on capping allowable stress at 0.6Fy instead of
0.75Fy (my actual shape factor is quite low).