From: Paul Pilarski [mailto:PPilarski(--nospam--at)HNTB.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 12:24 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Precast box culvert/tunnel - watertight seal?

I'm working on a project whose direction is to utilize a box culvert for a
pedestrian tunnel.  Precast construction is the forecast as the most
economical.  However, the water table is or may be high in the area at
times.

Buoyancy will be resolved with added section weight. What suggestions are
there for providing a watertight seal in such a tunnel? Other tunnel
options/suggestions? TIA.

Paul

Paul J. Pilarski
HNTB Corporation
600 108th Avenue NE			           Tel: (425) 450-2592
Suite 400					           Fax: (425)
453-9179
Bellevue, WA 98004			E-MAIL: ppilarski(--nospam--at)hntb.com