Re: HSS Producers/Fabricators in Detroit Metro Area

"Zatloukal, Brian J." wrote:

> I working on a project at a local industrial facility that is going to
> require the use of HSS, hopefully in some rather large sections.  Does
> anyone have any contacts (suppliers/fabricators) in the area whom I can
> contact to see what is currently available?

This link http://www.aisc.org/documents.asp?mode=docdetail&doc=95 is to the HSS
Availability Listing. Also try James Steel & Tube Co. in Madison Heights.  If
you need really special sections Valmont Industries in Tulsa (800.331.3002) can
make them.

> Are the properties given in the HSS
> Connections Manual (black manual) the correct ones for design?

Yes