Re: HSS Producers/Fabricators in Detroit Metro Area

Brian:

If you want to contact a fabricator, then the your list of choices is
rather long.  I (or a company that I work for) have work with the
following:

Ross Structural Steel (Detroit) 313-893-7877
MBM Fabricators (Romulus) 313-941-0100
Ferguson Steel (Port Huron) 810-985-5178
Douglas Steel Frabricating (Lansing) 517-322-2050
Dumas Concepts in Building (Northville) 248-380-8480
Ideal Steel & Builder's Supplies (Detroit) 313-842-7290
Johnson Steel Fabricators (Sanford) 517-687-7100

If you are looking for a tube supplier in Detroit, then I am not familiar
with any.  I did find one in the CAM Buyer's Guide (more on CAM below).
The info that I found is:

Spartan Tube & Steel (Livonia) 734-522-1700 www.spartantube.com

They were the only company listed under the "Tubing - Structural Steel"
catergory.  I went to their web page briefly and it implied that they are
limited to 20x12 rect. HSS, 16 dia round HSS, and 18x18 square HSS.  But I
would suggest you contact them.

You can do a more complete search yourself if you wish.  Go to the
Construction Association of Michigan's web page (www.cam-online.com) and
search through their Buyer's Guide.  It lists contractors/suppliers,
professional engineers, professional surveyors, architects, and landscape
architects.

With regard to which manual to use for the section properties, it would be
wise to use the HSS Manual.  It contains the "correct" section properties.
And I suppose I should slap myself for using the word "tube" or "tubes".
They are all "HSS" now.

Hope that helps,

Scott