Re: Frank Lloyd House Gets Seismic Upgrade

Since the Civil Engineering Article was a re-print from another publication, I guess we can't be too hard on the publisher of CE.  But it's typical of articles on construction projects: the real estate broker and the landscape architect are more likely to be named than the structural engineer.

Frank Lloyd Wright houses are typically built out of nearly insurmountable structural problems -- he was an innovator with materials that were not yet very well understood, and that have not stood the test of time very well.  I don't know what problems Bret Lizundia had to solve, but there no doubt they were challenging -- hats off to Bret!

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer