RE: Any California D.S.A. engineers out there?

Actually, I would point out that part of the industry has heard the
objection to the "pushing" of only LRFD.  AISC will publish a joint spec
with both ASD and LRFD.  You can get the details at:

http://www.aisc.org/engineering.asp?ar=17&co=264

Hope that brightens some ASD diehards' day!

Scott

BTW, this is actually old news.  Charlie had already mentioned it on the
list, if my memory serves me correctly.