- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Google
- From: "Lao, Larry" <LaoL(--nospam--at)vmcmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:03:41 -0600
I have been using google for almost two years. The new cool thing I found recently is that you can find a map for any address in the U.S. by simply typing in the street address, city and state. Click MapBlast and you will find the traffic situation around that address, so you can pick the best route to that address. You can also specify the radius you want to cover.
Another feature--- type in your own name, you might find yourself on the net somewhere, You might be more famous than you think.
From: Bill Polhemus [SMTP:bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: Good Search Tool
Another great feature about Google: It caches all the web pages that it indexes,
so that even if the info you're looking for is on an OLD page that has since
been updated or no longer exists, you can click on "CACHED" and it will bring up
a copy of it for you.
Read an article a month or so ago, about a guy whose webserver crashed, and he
lost hundreds of HTML pages that he unfortunately didn't have copies of. But he
found them all cached on Google, and he estimated that they probably saved him
about half a man-year of labor to recreate them!
> Speaking of good search tools. My favorite is google.com. It always finds
> stuff that many others wouldn't. It even fetches all the threads on a
> discussion topic on the seaint.
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ****** ****** ********
- Prev by Subject: Re: Good Search Tool
- Next by Subject: grouting cells
- Previous by thread: [no subject]
- Next by thread: New Virus Alert Annakourinkova.jpg.vbs