Foundation on clay

I'm in the early design phase of developing a foundation plan for a
rectangular shaped one-story house. My initial design concept was pouring a
continuos perimeter footing with interior piers ( the house will have a
crawl space - floor joist). However, a preliminary soil report indicates a 4
ft thick layer of pipe clay about 6 ft below grade. I'm re-thinking my
initial foundation concept. A monolithic slab with turndowns might be more
appropriate. That way the entire house can float. Any other suggestions?

TIA