Re: Foundation on clay

That does not answer differential setellemnt issues except it will float as
one with differnt settlement values.  Have you considered deep caissons as
an alternate?  It sound like you need to consider uplift loads also due to
swelling in the clay soil.  I wonder what recommendations if any are
present is the soil's report for foundation system??
Samir Y. Ghosn,P.E.