Slotted HSS/ Gusset Plate Connection (Help!)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Slotted HSS/ Gusset Plate Connection (Help!)
- From: RainCat1(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:03:52 EST
I have a slotted hss/ gusset plate connection which is address by the AISC in
their Connections Manual for Hollow Structural Sections (specifically on
pages 6-17 through 6-29). AISC recommends "as a rule of thumb" that the
length of the weld shall be equal to or greater than the O.D. of the pipe (if
pipe is used). My interpretation is that this is a recommendation and not a
definite requirement and that a shorter length may be used provided the
numbers add up.
Also, the specification section (same book) does not require a minimum length
for the weld
Can anyone (especially from AISC) shed light on this matter?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Rainier Catubig, S.E.
San Diego, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sloshing Effects per IBC 2000
- Next by Subject: Re: Slotted HSS/ Gusset Plate Connection (Help!)
- Previous by thread: RE:
- Next by thread: Re: Slotted HSS/ Gusset Plate Connection (Help!)